Turbo cable saver incorrect installation

I purchased a Turbo GT last month and have been having issues with the POI
    changing from one shooting session to the next. In addition, there are scoring/streak marks predominantly on the right side of the arrows (Pro Elite), with black streaks on the nocks. Also there is a wear mark on the right side of the stock where the cable saver slides on the stock under the rail (string wax was applied here).

After reviewing the assembly instructions today, it looks like the cable
    saver was installed incorrectly at the shop where the bow was purchased.
    (The top cable should be in the deep slot)

The bow has been shot 60-75 times.

I have posted pictures. Anyone else have this cable saver issue? It is easy to correct the cable saver but I have questions about the following:
    1) Have the limbs and/or cables possibly been damaged from the incorrect cable saver installation?
    2) Is this cable saver/stock wear normal?
    3) Is the serving wear normal (more on RHS) for this many shots?

IMG_1738.jpgIMG_1739.jpgIMG_1740.jpgIMG_1741.jpgIMG_1742.jpg

Yes the cable saver is in backwards. I have a Turbo GT and get the same type of marks on my arrows and nocks. It's not hard to change the cable saver, but if it was me I'd take it back to the shop where it was purchased and have them replace it with a new one correctly installed.
    1) I don't see how the incorrect installation of the cable saver would cause any damage to the limbs. Over time it may cause some added wear to the cables.
    2) With the cable saver installed incorrectly it would be normal for the added friction to cause some wear to the paint.
    3) Not sure about the serving wear. I've got a lot more than 60-75 shots through mine and it doesn't show any wear. Did you lube the rail.

Correct, the cable saver is installed incorrectly. Also, upon reassembly, make sure the main assembly bolt is tight. Even 1/4 loose can make the string wear quicker.
    Randy Wood
    Director of Customer Experience
    TenPoint Crossbow Technologies

Firehunter and Randy, thanks for your replies. The cable saver has been re-installed correctly. The rail has been lubed properly after the initial 4 or 5 shots at the shop where purchased.

I took the bow to a different dealer. He tightened the main assembly bolt to the point at which he was comfortable. He didn't dare tighten it any further. There is still a "bow" in the string. The cams are lower than the rail and there is fair amount of downward tension on the string. The installation instructions indicate the string should be "just barely touching or just above the barrel (rail)" so the bow will need to go back to TenPoint for a look at the cam position / string wear issue.

Also, the scope rings were not tight which probably explains the changing POI.

Can you post a picture. I would like to see if the Vibra cush ( the spacer between the front end and barrel ) is attached. When you install the front end, pull up on the string when sliding the front end on the barrel. While holding pressure up on the string, tighten the front end assemble bolt. The string should just be touching the barrel.
    One note: If you remove, or re-install the front end, make sure you loosen the setscrew before removing or installing the front end assemble bolt.
    Don't ask how I know that! lol.
    Check out the video if you haven't.

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/vid...w-assembly-18/
    Last edited by allchokedup; 10-23-2016 at 11:49 AM.
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    TenPoint Carbon Pro Elite
    NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX
    NAP Crossbow Killzone

Hi acu, there apparently is no Vibracush on the GT. It was not installed at the shop where purchased and it is not shown in the parts list or assembly instructions. Maybe this was only on some of the previous Turbo models? I had tried the string lift while tightening technique as mentioned, it didn't alleviate the string "bow". Thanks for the reminder on the set screw, it is easy to overlook. Perhaps a Vibracush would help here. If I understand correctly it is basically a shim or wedge which cants the front of the riser down and therefore the cams up.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmtn_xbow View Post
    Hi acu, there apparently is no Vibracush on the GT. It was not installed at the shop where purchased and it is not shown in the parts list or assembly instructions. Maybe this was only on some of the previous Turbo models? I had tried the string lift while tightening technique as mentioned, it didn't alleviate the string "bow". Thanks for the reminder on the set screw, it is easy to overlook. Perhaps a Vibracush would help here. If I understand correctly it is basically a shim or wedge which cants the front of the riser down and therefore the cams up.
    Sorry about that. Didn't know they changed that on the new Turbo's.
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    TenPoint Carbon Pro Elite
    NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX
    NAP Crossbow Killzone

Glad to see a shop can do this too! I just got a new Wicked Ridge Invader to replace a 25 year old Barnett RC300! I had a dickens of a time getting it together as the stock didn't want to go into the limbs. After some persuasion I got it together. It is NICE and tight! I changed out the ten point scope for a red dot. Still, only took me 3 shots to get in the bullseye at 20 yards. (I never shoot any further than that). Got up in my stand for the first time this year with it and was just looking at the cable placement and how they crossed one another. Didn't look right to me-----------so, now, I have had a chance to look at it further and I found I put the cable guard in just the opposite of the correct way. I don't really want to try to take it apart at this point but wonder if I probably should whether I want to or not! I have shot the bow a total of 6 times now. Wondering if I am going to have as hard a time getting it apart as I did getting it together. Maybe there was just to much paint build up on the rail or something, I don't know but I do know it is a tight fit. Should I wait till after the season to correct it or change it now? I wouldn't think it would change the point of impact much if any by changing the cable save back to the way it should be. Also, I see others referring to lubricating the rail. I was given a very small packet for lubricating the cable saver but saw nothing in the assembly manual about lubricating the rail. What should I do there? Thanks for any replies and thanks for a much better crossbow than my old heavy Barnett!

Fish,

I would suggest taking the time to get the cable saver in correctly. It will help accuracy and cable life.
    As for the rail lube, a pea size drop on each side of the rail every 75-100 shots is all you need.
    Randy Wood
    Director of Customer Experience
    TenPoint Crossbow Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Fish,

I would suggest taking the time to get the cable saver in correctly. It will help accuracy and cable life.
    As for the rail lube, a pea size drop on each side of the rail every 75-100 shots is all you need.
    Thanks! I just didn't want to have to sight it in again and don't anticipate having to take many more shots this year with it. Hopefully just one at the buck and I will be done. (of course, you have to shoot it to uncock it too.)