New Bow For An Old School Bowhunter

After an absence of over 30 years I've re-entered the world of archery, now with a horizontal bow. The TenPoint/Horton Storm RDX.

As a teenager I was very active in anything archery. My initial "real" bow was a Bear Super Kodiak, then a Jennings 4 wheel G1 compound, then Wing, PSE and finally back to a custom 3 piece recurve. An experience that introduced me to the art of arrow, string and bow making, hunting and competition field archery. All activities and experiences that I look back on as great learning opportunities and in some cases, defining events that helped shape my character.

I've had the Storm now for about two weeks and along with some learning, I've put it through the practice paces and have shot about 150 bolts. I had one minor issue with the ACUdraw engagement spring that was easy to resolve and outside that, it's been a fine bow. The accuracy is really amazing. Under 40 yards this bow looks to be quite the hunting weapon and shooting 5 inch groups at 60 yards for the fun of it is very do-able.

I am very pleased with the technical design, attention to detail and build quality. My hat's off to the folks behind the resurrection of the Horton brand and this crossbow. Well Done!
    Last edited by TX_RDXguy; 04-14-2016 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

TX,

Welcome back to archery season! Good luck in the woods!
    Randy Wood
    Director of Customer Experience
    TenPoint Crossbow Technologies

The Storm was my side kick this past weekend at Turkey camp. Four fellow bowhunters had their first experience with a modern X-bow. Most notable for me was their fist impression of the RDX design bow and the high tech nature of the package. We shot at 30 and 40 yard distances and they each were very impressed with how well they could shoot from the very first trigger pull. There were several interesting discussions on the technology, advantages of this design and what this means to bowhunting. My guess is two of that foursome will join the TenPoint family fold yet this year.

5 months, six days to deer season
    2016 Horton Storm, 2017 Horton Vortec - RangeMaster Pro Scope - ACUdraw -
    EVO-X CenterPunch Arrows - Omni-Brite Nocks - Grim Reaper Broadheads

Pork on ice.....

The Storm has lived up to it's name and reputation and it easily dispatched this healthy Texas boar. 225lbs of hog went down in 20 yards after a double lung, complete pass-through shot from 22 yards.

StormHog.jpg

Jalapeno/cheddar summer sausage, breakfast sausage, pork chops, ribs, bratwurst and hot links. I think I'll do this again next year.

KubyHog2.jpg
    2016 Horton Storm, 2017 Horton Vortec - RangeMaster Pro Scope - ACUdraw -
    EVO-X CenterPunch Arrows - Omni-Brite Nocks - Grim Reaper Broadheads

Looks good TX!
    Randy Wood
    Director of Customer Experience
    TenPoint Crossbow Technologies