Storm RDX Arrows

What fletching are you Storm RX owners using on your arrows? I have had good performance from AEE 3" vanes fletched with slight r/h helical. I'm interested in hearing what you have good performance with. I have had no luck getting any fixed blade B/Hs to shoot good. Spitfires shoot very good with this 3" fletching but no luck with Slick Tricks. Kind of furstrating as ST's fly extremely well for all other crossbows I have tried. Hoping someone has come up with a solution for getting rixed blade B/Hs to shoot good
    Are you sure you can skin griz, pilgrim?

Life is too short to carry a ugly knife!

Hi DaGriz,
    I just got a dozen Pro Elites with the Fusion X vanes and a dozen Spynal Tapps fletched with the Fusion X vanes. The vanes are set at a 1 degree offset. I have shot the Tapps but haven't got around to shooting the Pro Elites yet. I've been shooting the Killzones and they shoot perfect, but I'll try shooting some 90 gr Muzzy's I've got and see how they do. I've been busy hanging feeders and putting out mineral sites lately, but when I get time to shoot again, I'll let you know how they worked out compared to my field points.
    I love the Fusion vanes....real nice out of the Storm and my Tenpoint SS. The Storm is an amazing crossbow...I'll be hunting with it all deer season.
    Later, David
    Last edited by allchokedup; 05-26-2015 at 05:04 PM.
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    TenPoint Carbon Pro Elite
    NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX
    NAP Crossbow Killzone

There is no doubt that the Storm is a fantastic crossbow. I have found little , if any fault with it. My challenge is to get Slick Tricks to shoot good. I've had some success by aligning blades to the vanes. The don't shoot to same P.O.I. as field tips but just takes a scope adjustment to bring them to P.O.I.

It's always fun to experiment with arrows, vanes and broadheads to see what shoots the best. Are you using 2" Fusions or 3"? I've heard that the 3" Fusion X vanes are working great with the Storm

Hunting with the Storm is going to be real enjoyable!
    Last edited by DaGriz; 05-27-2015 at 08:22 AM.

The Fusion X vanes are 3". The same vanes that are on the Horton supplied Victory arrows. I thought the SK 300 vanes where good, but the Fusions are my vane choice from now on....Just love them.
    I'm very curious how the 4 blade Muzzy will shoot out of the Storm. They shoot perfect out of the Stealth SS and XLT.
    We'll see.
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    NAP Crossbow Killzone

I will make up some BEE with Fusion X 3" vanes and give them a try. The 3" AEE vanes I am using now are real accurate but always looking for something better. I heard from a few others that the Fusion X vanes work real good. I have found that 4 blade Slicks shoot excellent from all other crossbows I have tried so I am bound and determined to get them to shoot good from the Storm.

Is anyone shooting black eagle Zombie Slayers out of the Storm? I just bought a dozen and am going to fletch them with 3" X vanes. Any suggestions before i waste more money and time?!?

Josh

I've not found my RDX to be picky about arrows. Your Zombie Slayers will preform just fine, like all other quality arrow shafts. If you're shooting fixed blade broadheads you will have to experiment with fletching to find what works best with Fixed Blades you choose to use

Quote Originally Posted by Josh G View Post
    Is anyone shooting black eagle Zombie Slayers out of the Storm? I just bought a dozen and am going to fletch them with 3" X vanes. Any suggestions before i waste more money and time?!?

Josh
    That should be a very good arrow setup for the Storm. Install the Omni Nocks and you're set.
    Last edited by allchokedup; 09-06-2015 at 10:24 PM.
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    NAP Crossbow Killzone

stormslayer
    I shoot black eagle executioner arrows not sure how different they are than Zombie bolts lol
    I noticed a great improvement in my long distance shooting over the standard bolts that came with me Xbow