Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Storm RDX

The only issue I have with it is after shooting several different broadheads They all shoot low and to the right as compared to my field tips Every other crossbow I have has shot broadheads to same P.O.I. as field tips.

The Storm really hits hard, pain in the a** trying to get the arrow out I have to unscrew the broadhead and struggle to remove the arrow. Going to have to come u with a different set up to shoot broadheads
    Are you sure you can skin griz, pilgrim?

Life is too short to carry a ugly knife!

How often will the cams need to be retimed. I got alot of concerns. Wis is new as far as everyone now can use a crossbow and the storm was my first one and the way its going my last. I now know why my 70 yr old uncle is always missing deer or are poor shots. Like i said am new and need some guidance. I have 6 pk of the horton bolts and over a 100 bolts through the storm out of a lead sled and zero confidence that i will make a clean kill on a whitetail.

Not trying to be sarcastic but your Storm will need to be re-timed when you see by the marks that it is out of time. That's the easiest way to explain it Just watch your timing marks. It should stay in time unless you change the string or cables, also if youadd or delet twists to the string to change brace height.

stormslayer
    I noticed mine seems to shoot further left the further back I get from the target. I adjusted my scope to the right a few clicks so the 20 yard target I hit 1" right and the 30 yard target I hit 1" left for now. I ordered custom bolts which just came in and I want to try them. This is all with the rage practice head.

Quote Originally Posted by allchokedup View Post
    I found and corrected the problem I have been having with accuracy.
    It was brought to my attention by someone who also had a Storm, about the cams not having the same distance to the string bumpers. Mine was the same way. I thought that was odd. I took a measurement from center of axle to center of rail and both sides did not match.
    I cocked the Storm and made timing marks and found that the left cam was behind. And yes I centered the claw when cocking.
    This morning , I pressed my bow and made the correct adjustment to get my cams in time.
    I shot the Storm and it sounded so much more quiet...just a thud when shot.
    I checked the measurements again and center of axle to center of rail was exactly the same on both sides. The cams were also the same distance from the string bumpers.
    I rechecked timing and everything is perfect.
    I believe this will make accuracy a lot better.
    i am having this same issue although no one around here at any of the archery stores knows how to fix it and neither do i... i just bought this bow and unfortunately i hate it... not a fan of the "Acu-Draw" its very bulky and being plastic makes noise on an zipper it touches not to mention it takes forever to cock with it and the clicking is just obnoxious! ive found ways around this one if is to hold the engage lever with your finger to prevent the noise... best solution i purchased a dead sled... way faster and easy to cock!!! hands down the way to go!!! i am also having that cam issue.. they dont line up even with the distance to the Cam and Sting Bumpers when cocked!! one side my finger fits through the other it does not!! measured the center of axel to center of rail and that is off as well... at my local gander mountain the one they have in stock that was brand new had the same issues going on except on different sides... not really happy.. besides that its loud and i had to get the serving re-done at an additional cost because the factory one came apart in less than 100 shots... paid $1,200 for a crossbow i want to love but its been nothing but a pain in my butt... i want to like it... but its not making it easy
    Last edited by ZX10RJustin; 11-12-2015 at 01:27 AM.

Give Horton a call, they will take of any problem you have with your Storm.
    To see if your cams are timed look at the timing dots, cocked and un-cocked. If they are in the same position on each cam then its timed. The center of the serving won't tell you if its timed. When I got my Storm, the cams did not have timing dots to verify if its timed correctly. All the newer Storms have timing dots on the cams.
    I sent mine in and they went over my Storm and it's an awesome shooting crossbow .
    If you're young and able to use the Dedd Sled then that's the way to go. I use the Acudraw and love mine.
    A good arrow and vane setup can also help solve accuracy problems once you get your cams timed correctly.
    A very good arrow vane setup for me is the Tenpoint Pro Elites with the Fusion X vanes set at a 1 degree offset. The Spynal Tapps with the same vane setup is awesome too. Broadheads I use are the NAP Spitfire XXX. Shoots right there with my field points.
    When shooting the Storm, keep the butt stock firm against your shoulder and keep the forend steady and held firm from jumping forward. If you use the Acudraw, make sure the switch stays engaged....never cock it un-gaged to stop the clicking noise.
    One more thing I would add, make sure that you use the Omni nocks with your Storm.
    Give Horton a call. Great people there and they will listen to your concern and fix you up.
    Later, David
    Last edited by allchokedup; 11-12-2015 at 08:37 AM.
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    TenPoint Carbon Pro Elite
    NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX
    NAP Crossbow Killzone

stormslayer
    I bought executioner bolts with the brass inserts my problem was solved. dead on at 20, 30 and 40 did not have room at 50 but very sure it will be good too. I have 3 bulls eyes so no complaints. 40 yards my rage practice head and bolt hit the top of the 1" circle (bulls eye)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by allchokedup View Post
    Give Horton a call, they will take of any problem you have with your Storm.
    To see if your cams are timed look at the timing dots, cocked and un-cocked. If they are in the same position on each cam then its timed. The center of the serving won't tell you if its timed. When I got my Storm, the cams did not have timing dots to verify if its timed correctly. All the newer Storms have timing dots on the cams.
    I sent mine in and they went over my Storm and it's an awesome shooting crossbow .
    If you're young and able to use the Dedd Sled then that's the way to go. I use the Acudraw and love mine.
    A good arrow and vane setup can also help solve accuracy problems once you get your cams timed correctly.
    A very good arrow vane setup for me is the Tenpoint Pro Elites with the Fusion X vanes set at a 1 degree offset. The Spynal Tapps with the same vane setup is awesome too. Broadheads I use are the NAP Spitfire XXX. Shoots right there with my field points.
    When shooting the Storm, keep the butt stock firm against your shoulder and keep the forend steady and held firm from jumping forward. If you use the Acudraw, make sure the switch stays engaged....never cock it un-gaged to stop the clicking noise.
    One more thing I would add, make sure that you use the Omni nocks with your Storm.
    Give Horton a call. Great people there and they will listen to your concern and fix you up.
    Later, David

thanks for all your information David! I have RDX Model 1605 it doesn't have any timing dots that myself or the guy at the archery store could see! my serving actually came undone almost as if there was a poor job done when it was made. are these limbs/cams supposed to cock even on each side to the sting bumpers?? its weird to me that both mine and the one the had at the store that as new was off as well... i have time off work right now to hunt and im ready to go back to a traditional bow and invest even more money than i wanted to... i called Horton they didnt offer me much help... they are sending me the plastic caps so i can take my Acu-Draw Off but that only solves one problem... the other option is they would send me a working but would have to charge me for it and i could send mine in and they would go over it.. but have to charge my credit card for it and i could have mine sent in to be looked at... hmmm as if my New Horton Strom RDX is not good enough collateral?! im not very pleased with Horton or Ten point!! and to top it off the sling holder let loose and almost sent my storm flying 15 feet tumbling to the ground.. i got lucky and grabbed the strap and it ended up hitting my treestand on the scope knocking my sight off nearly a foot! i missed the biggest buck i had ever seen that morning due to that!! Murphys law.... i have had a hard enough year after getting hit by a car while on my motorcycle and drug down the road with my leg stuck in their wheel well! it left me fighting for my life and legs! I cheated death kept my legs or what is left of them and have been working my butt off to get as close as i can back to what i used to be and of course i have the time to Hunt right now AND ITS THE RUT but i have a crossbow that is a Omni Knock popping horton bolt shattering, Broad Head breaking machine!! ItIgets expensive!! i have so much invested in broadheads, Horton Bolts and Ten Point Omni-Nocks!! they are OK... i have yet to have one stay in the arrow after it hits something other than a target! They just pop out i loose the clear knocks and sometimes i get lucky and can find the light... after that the hunt for the arrow begins... SMH... restless nights...

I think you need to send your Storm in to have the cams with timing marks installed They will do that for free Once it is in time and you use arrows that were mentioned by ALLCHOKEDUP, you should have no problems. My Storm is spot on accurate.I shoot Toxic Broadheads or Crossbow Spitfires and they shoot to same POI as filed tips. I use BEE shafts fletched as All choked up mentioned and have no issues as all. A word of caution, cocking the now with accdraw and not using the clicker is looking for trouble.

stormslayer
    Dagriz why do you say that about cocking it without the clicker in gauged? I do it all the time in the woods. I use the clicker at the range but never in the woods. As long as you hold the handle what is wrong with that? I think I read somewhere it takes 10 lbs to crank it