Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Storm RDX

Give Horton another call, ask for an RA# send it in and have them check over your crossbow. You have a great crossbow, but you are having problems that needs to be fixed. Not sure why you're having that many problems with it.
    Good luck and let us know how things turns out.
    David
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    TenPoint Carbon Pro Elite
    NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX
    NAP Crossbow Killzone

Quote Originally Posted by allchokedup View Post
    Give Horton another call, ask for an RA# send it in and have them check over your crossbow. You have a great crossbow, but you are having problems that needs to be fixed. Not sure why you're having that many problems with it.
    Good luck and let us know how things turns out.
    David
    i actually called the place i purchased it and they are willing to let me return it... that sounds alot better than sending it in and being bowless during bow season! I am not a big fan of "sending things in" especially an item like this!! i have been thinking of switching to one of the Mission crossbows they have a lifetime warranty versus Horton 5 year AND I can bring it to the local shop to have it fixed under that warranty! with the issues im having already im afraid this bow wont make it past 5 years!! its a bittersweet relationship

Quote Originally Posted by stormslayer View Post
    Dagriz why do you say that about cocking it without the clicker in gauged? I do it all the time in the woods. I use the clicker at the range but never in the woods. As long as you hold the handle what is wrong with that? I think I read somewhere it takes 10 lbs to crank it
    If by any reason you slip with the handle, before string engages in the trigger fingers, while cocking you will have a drive fire., not to mention the handle flying around like a helicopter blade :-)
    Are you sure you can skin griz, pilgrim?

Life is too short to carry a ugly knife!

hungviet1310
    they are awesome crossbows. love it

fragilesss
    i'm using Storm_RDX_2015, it's very cool, have u ever use it
    Storm_RDX_Rear.jpg
    Last edited by fragilesss; 01-06-2016 at 04:47 AM.

stormslayer
    Took a real nice old doe Saturday . Rage blasted thru right behind shoulder bolt stuck deep in the ground deer dropped immediately. very happy with crossbow! perfect pocket shot!
    I also cranked it back without the clicker and put another bolt in quietly in case she moved. No trouble as long as you hold the handle. I know not for everyone but seems pretty easy to me. This crossbow has been such an improvement since the last 4 or 5 I have had so easy to use, shoots quiet and the cocking rope is great!

I'm a very happy Storm owner!

No issue with my Storm as well. It's a 2016 and has timing marks on the cams. Both cams are dead on at rest and cocked. I did replaced my string at about 400 shots seeing some center serving wear. I'm 300 shots on a 60X and it's like new. I think the severe string angle of any/all RDX bows will be tougher on servings than traditional Xbows.

Accuracy has been good from day 1 shooting 20-50 yards. I've upgraded arrows to SSAS BEEs that were spine matched and I've painstakingly matched each arrow/tip combination to weigh .2gn of each other. I hunt with Grim Reaper 1.5" Razor tips and practice with Grim Reaper practice tips. I think this is a nice combination that takes any question out of the fieldpoint/broadhead POI.

The ACUdraw took some practice to use, but I love it. Especially when I'm in my climber stand or with the Storm on a Field Pod inside a blind. I'm on the same page with Stormslayer. There is some risk cocking the bow with the Engagement lever off, but it can be done.

I'm very happy with the Storm and wouldn't consider a change to a lesser bow. I might upgrade at some point if Horton/TenPoint improve the weight or significantly improve the speed of the bow

I shot this 225lb Texas boar last month. A 22 yard double lung, complete pass-through that buried the arrow 75% in the sandy soil of south Texas.

StormHog.jpg

I can't wait to get back into the woods with the Storm in September.
    Last edited by TX_RDXguy; 07-08-2016 at 12:32 PM.
    2016 Horton Storm, 2017 Horton Vortec - RangeMaster Pro Scope - ACUdraw -
    EVO-X CenterPunch Arrows - Omni-Brite Nocks - Grim Reaper Broadheads