Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Storm RDX

Storm RDX

How many of you have bought a Storm RDX? I am impatiently waiting the arrival of a Storm. Everything I have seen and read about them is all positive . I believe this crossbow is going to be in high demand. I can wait to get it and put it through the paces. I think the Storm is going to be a near perfect in groundblinds. It's got everything going for it. Very narrow when cocked, more than enough speed, accuracy to meet any other crossbow adjustable cheek pipece and lengthof the stock. Best of all it is made by Ten Point
    Are you sure you can skin griz, pilgrim?

Life is too short to carry a ugly knife!

I like my Storm and it is nice hunting out of a ground blind with it. It does have a few things that needs to be improved on IMO. The Acudraw Claw fits loose and you have to be careful to keep it centered. Also, I've notice that when the bow is cocked, the cams lean down about 1/4 " on the outside. Not sure if that's normal. I may have to ask Horton on their thoughts about it.
    Also, The vanes must be a stiff, low profile ( .45 ) installed with a 1 degree offset or they hit inside the rail.
    Nice bow, but needs some improvements.
    One more thing... It needs timing dots on the cams.
    David
    Last edited by allchokedup; 04-27-2015 at 08:09 AM.
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    TenPoint Carbon Pro Elite
    NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX
    NAP Crossbow Killzone

Hopefullly Randy will read this thread and respond to your concerns. Be nice to see quick and positive answers

Here's the info I got from David at Wyvern about the issues you posted:

The sled HAS to be loose or it locks up when you cock it due to the string angle. There is a center guide on the claw so it stays centered. The lean is normal. "
    Last edited by DaGriz; 04-27-2015 at 11:22 AM.

I found and corrected the problem I have been having with accuracy.
    It was brought to my attention by someone who also had a Storm, about the cams not having the same distance to the string bumpers. Mine was the same way. I thought that was odd. I took a measurement from center of axle to center of rail and both sides did not match.
    I cocked the Storm and made timing marks and found that the left cam was behind. And yes I centered the claw when cocking.
    This morning , I pressed my bow and made the correct adjustment to get my cams in time.
    I shot the Storm and it sounded so much more quiet...just a thud when shot.
    I checked the measurements again and center of axle to center of rail was exactly the same on both sides. The cams were also the same distance from the string bumpers.
    I rechecked timing and everything is perfect.
    I believe this will make accuracy a lot better.
    Last edited by allchokedup; 04-28-2015 at 01:53 PM.
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    NAP Crossbow Killzone

All,
    Glad you are all set. Some cam lean is normal. The further in, or narrower you go the more it magnifies itself. This is due to the distance between the cable and the string.
    Randy Wood
    Director of Customer Experience
    TenPoint Crossbow Technologies

Thanks Randy. I thought the lean might be normal. Probably impossible to correct without a yoke system and those big cams ruins that idea. lol
    Getting better familiar with the Storm...going to be a lot of fun hunting with this bow,
    Thanks, David
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    NAP Crossbow Killzone

Received the Storm RDX and it is everything I expected and wanted it to be. Took no time at all to put it together . I took some 5/16th Rubber gas line house and split it lengthways Put it on the foot stirrup and wrapped it with rubber electric tape Took it out to shoot a little with it. It took me only two shoots to sight it in. It is very accurate!! I shot it a couple dozen times to get the feel for it. It balances very nice and is easy to hold to shoot off hand. Is not front heavy at all Although the overall weight makes it something I wouldn't want to carry all day hunting. I used BEE arrows I made up with 3" vanes , fletched with slight R/H helical No problem with rail interference! The extendable stock allowed me to get a perfect fit for me. The trigger release is very sharp and fairly light, but the free travel takes some getting used to, not a big deal once I became accustomed to it, just takes a bit to get used to it. I think once I shoot it a lot more I will know better how to feel when slack is taken up. Cocking it with AccuDraw is a breeze You can tell there is significant draw weight. Not a bow I would want to cock many times with just a dead sled. One small issue I noticed When I cocked it and was moving the sled forward to bring it over the scope, back to the holding place I found that it is slightly bound/held by the string because of the angle. Not a major issue but something you have to be aware of. I think caution is required so the string isn't damaged by removing the sled. Then I figured out to slide in toward the front of the bow before lifting and the issue went away
    . The safety does not have a knob on the left hand side which I found strange as all other TenPoints I have handled have knobs on both sides. It has the normal loud click when pushing it to the fire position. The brush arrow retainer is a great innovation, works great and holds arrow in place. Damn good idea by TenPoint
    Overall I am quite pleased with it Quality and workmanship is definitely an A+, everything I would expect from TenPoint. Once I spend more time shooting it I will get more and more comfortable with it. I expect it to be a great crossbow and super accurate out to extended yardage
    That's my first impressions.
    Last edited by DaGriz; 05-01-2015 at 02:35 PM.

DaGriz,
    Have fun shooting! It is a nice bow to handle and shoot.
    Randy Wood
    Director of Customer Experience
    TenPoint Crossbow Technologies

Thanks Randy, it is a real pleasure to shoot. Can't wait to hunt with it! Kudos to Ten Point for coming out with this crossbow!

Great review DaGriz,
    They are awesome crossbows. I wouldn't trade mine for any crossbow out there...love it.
    Thanks, David
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    NAP Crossbow Killzone