NAP Spitfires or Spitfire Maxx?

I gather from doing a lot of reading that many here shoot NAP Spitfires or Spitfire Maxx. Preferences? 100gr or 125gr? Do you shoot the ones that say "For Crossbows" or doesn't it matter? I'm starting out fresh.

Waiting for my Turbo XLT II to arrive and planning a head!!

I have shot the NAP Spitfires, Spitfire Maxx and the Spitfire Edge. They all shoot field point accurate. I like 100 gn, but some like the 125 gn. There is no difference in the Crossbow version with the Spitfire's. There is a difference with the NAP Crossbow Killzone and regular Killzone.
    Congratulations on your new Tenpoint crossbow.
    David
    TenPoint Carbon Nitro
    TenPoint Stealth SS
    Horton Storm
    TenPoint Carbon Pro Elite
    NAP Crossbow Spitfire XXX
    NAP Crossbow Killzone

Don't have much faith in expandables, no matter what brand, seen too many of them have problems. Fixed blade broadheads work every time!
    Are you sure you can skin griz, pilgrim?

Life is too short to carry a ugly knife!

Never had a problem with Spitfires & IMO provide better & more consistent accuracy. Like David, have used both 100 & 125 grainers with good results.
    Last edited by Coltchris; 04-18-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Ditto on the Spitfire 100 and Spitfire Pro 100 - no inflight premature opening and consistent pass throughs at normal 20 - 40 ft. ranges. Only one added suggestion - remember that any kinetic energy remaining after complete pass through is wasted energy. Convert this energy into maximum cutting by using the largest open blade diameter available, such as the Killzone. I've already invested in a dozen Spitfire Pro 100 and extra blades and will not be changing until used up.

You can't go wrong with any NAP broadheads, I always stayed away from expandables but the NAP'S don't have the collars or rubber bands so you don't have the problems like RAGE and the other ones.

I have always shot the regular 100 grain spitfires. Perform great and leave a massive hole

Ditto what Donald and Woodsman said. My original xbow (phantom) came with 100 gr Spitfires and I haven't seen the need to change. Got enough of them now that changing probably wouldn't make economic sense. Same point of aim as field points, big hole, short blood trail, multiple deer for past 7 years - hard to improve on that.
    Every day is a blessing - Make the most of it

I used the NAP Spitfires the first year I bought a Ten Point bow because Ten Point recommended them. Well...I shot a doe at about 30 yards....quartered right....arrow went in about 3/4 of the way, she turned, broke the arrow off on a tree...had blood for about 100 yards...then NOTHING. NOTHING. I searched for an hour. Called in two other guys...we looked for the next two days. NOTHING. We think the head didn't open up fully and when she broke the arrow off, it eventiually sealed up so that's when we lost the trail. Today... I WILL NOT use the NAP Spitfires. ONLY use the RAGE EXTREME. Last year...I shot three deer. Had a PASS-THRU on ALL three. Also...they ran about 40 yards and dropped. TERRIBLY huge hole with a humungous blood trail. RAGE EXTREME rock!!!!!

Ten Point Titan XL
    Ten Point Carbon Elite XLT
    Ten Point VENOM
    Last edited by TenPointThad; 07-10-2014 at 01:35 AM. Reason: mis-spelled word

Not sure there is any difference between a Spitfire and a Spitfire Maxx. I just shot a nice buck with the Spitfire Maxx and now, I see, I can't replace the blades! The body of the head was bulged out! On a side note, I think I hit rib on the way in and the way out with the heart in between. Haven't looked yet but imagine it also hit front leg bone. P1040650_edited-1 [1600x1200].jpg