Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

String and cable installation

My question/request for a published, screened for accuracy instructions with pictures where necessary of a proper split limb string and cable setup while 'Pressed', with a confirmed accurate twist chart by Xbow model (see original posts).
    Donald1800

RE: Answer "Tips And Care" Question - PLEASE

Donald,
    We have never really had anybody ask for this information, so we have never really supplied it. I will explain the details to you openly on the forum.

-Bow/prod orientation.
    You always want the top of the riser (as if you were holding the bow to shoot it) facing towards you.

-String and cable twists.
    When you have the bow in the press, you always want to twist the string and the cables towards you on the right side of the press and away from you on the left side of the press.

-Serving knot location.
    Because every served section on a string or cable has a knot, this is tough to define. If you are talking about the center serving knot, then it needs to be on the right side when the string is installed so the center serving is tightened as the string is twisted.

-The difference between cable yoke top and bottom segments, and twists directions.
    If you are holding the bow up like you would shoot it the bottom yoke is on the bottom. Twists the bottom yokes towards you on the right side of the press and away from you on the left side.

-Cable end twists.
    The cables need to be twisted towards you on the right side of the press and away from you on the left side of the press.

-Cam timing.
    If you count your twists properly your cams should be timed. To check the timing, you can use the timing dots on the cam, or a ruler.

Follow the instructions on the current online chart and you will be in good shape.
    Jake Hout
    R&D Tech.
    Tenpoint Crossbow Technologies

Re: Answer "Tips And Care" Question - PLEASE

Jake, Correct me if I am wrong as one way I do it is to always turn the loop end I am working on counterclockwise.

That just depends on which side you look at the string from.
    Jake Hout
    R&D Tech.

Jacob:

Your cam timing statement did NOT advise how to correct for late or early cam adjustment. Please add this to your tutorial.

Again, thank you for providing this much needed maintenance tutorial for your customers.

Donald1800

Re: String and cable installation

If one cam is rotated out more than the other, you just need to twist the string that dead ends on that cam up until the timing is on.
    Jake Hout
    R&D Tech.

Just a couple of clarifications:

"Twist the bottom yoke segment toward you on the right side, and away from you on the left side. Twist the top yoke segment away from you on the right side, and toward you on the left side." Note: Please observe that the string, cable and bottom yoke segment are twisted in the same directions, but the top yoke segment is twisted in the opposite directions.

"Add twists to the late cam, and/or remove twists to the early cam."

I have tried to get these clarifications added to the original tutorial instead of buried down here in the noise, but they did not make it.

Donald1800

Donald,
    They are coming.
    Randy Wood
    Director of Customer Experience
    TenPoint Crossbow Technologies

One other note: I was told that the top yoke segment is given 1 twist in it's direction. This segment twist is not mentioned in the string/cable chart, but is still needed and should be noted in this tutorial.

Donald1800

aronbo

shouldn`t there be an axle to axle spec to follow??