imported_Barb

Crossbow Troubleshooting

Not all issues associated with your crossbow will require service. This Troubleshooting section can help fix common problems with your crossbow. If, after reviewing this section, your problem still exists, contact the TenPoint Customer Service Department at 330.628.9245 or email your Return Authorization repair request at www.tenpointcrossbows.com.

My crossbow will not cock.

Before cocking your crossbow, the safety knob must be in the FIRE (red dot) position. Otherwise, the string latch will not engage or hold the bowstring. If you try to cock your crossbow with the safety in the SAFE (white dot) position, the DFI™ (Dry Fire Inhibitor) will catch and hold the string, making the crossbow appear to be cocked. However, when the DFI™ - instead of the string latch – holds the bow string, you cannot fire the crossbow. When cocked correctly, the bowstring will automatically set the safety and the string latch will grasp and hold the string. Note: If the DFI™ is holding the bowstring, move the safety to the FIRE (red dot) position and attempt to complete the cocking process. You will see the string latch and the safety engage as the safety knob moves into the SAFE (white dot) position.

The moving parts inside the trigger housing may be too dry or rusted. Add a small drop of light-weight oil or Microlon’s® Precision Oiler in front of and behind the safety slide on each side of the trigger box. Note: Use WD-40 to displace water/moisture only – do not use it as a lubricant. Contact the Customer Service Department at 330.628.9245 or email your Return Authorization repair request at www.tenpointcrossbows.com if your issue is unresolved.

A heavy grease, wax or a petroleum jelly-type substance may have been used on the rail or in the trigger box. This crossbow must be sent back to the factory for cleaning. Contact the TenPoint Customer Service Department at 330.628.9245 or email your Return Authorization repair request at www.tenpointcrossbows.com.

My string and/or cables are fuzzy, fraying or cut.

Apply a thin coat of wax to the string (excluding the serving) and/or cables and burnish it in (rub the string/cables briskly between your fingers, creating heat and melting the wax) if they are getting fuzzy.

Do not attempt to use your crossbow if the string and/or cables are fraying or cut. Contact the Customer Service Department at 330.628.9245 or email your Return Authorization repair request at www.tenpointcrossbows.com if the string and/or cables need replaced.

My string serving is separating or coming apart.

If the crossbow string had been previously removed and/or replaced, it may have been installed incorrectly. See the section entitled “String & Cable Adjustment Charts”.

The rail (barrel) may have been over-oiled. Over-oiling will saturate the string serving and cause it to come off in chunks. The string will either need to be replaced or re-served.

Contact the Customer Service Department at 330.628.9245 or email your Return Authorization repair request at www.tenpointcrossbows.com if the string needs replaced.

My trigger’s safety is either too stiff or too sloppy.

If the tension is too light, your safety may slip into the SAFE (white dot) position after a shot, which is not desirable since you cannot successfully cock your crossbow from the SAFE position.

To adjust the tension in a PowerTouch trigger, insert an Allen wrench in the hole located on top of your dovetail, locate the adjustment screw and turn it clockwise to increase the tension or counterclockwise to ease the tension – only turn the tension screw a small amount at a time. Note: Adjusting the safety will NOT lower the poundage on the trigger pull.

My shot groupings are erratic.</p>

Inaccurate cocking is the most frequent cause of inaccurate shooting. With any crossbow, if the bowstring is not perfectly centered on the string latch when cocked, the bow will not shoot straight. To ensure a perfect draw, grab the string along the sides of the barrel with all four fingers of each hand. Slide the hands together so that the index fingers of both are clearly against the sides of the barrel (our ACRA-ANGLE barrel allows you to slide your index fingers along the barrel without getting pinched).

Make sure screws haven&rsquo;t worked their way loose through vibration. Check tightness of the foot stirrup setscrews, main assembly bolt and setscrew (loosen the setscrew before trying to tighten the main assembly bolt), stock screws, barrel screws, scope ring screws, etc.

The scope may be defective. Contact the Customer Service Department at 330.628.9245 or email your Return Authorization repair request at www.tenpointcrossbows.com if the scope needs replaced.

If your groupings are tight with field points but erratic when shooting broadheads. TenPoint recommends tuning each shaft/broadhead combination before hunting. Always start with a straight shaft on the arrow, screw on your broadhead and spin your arrow on its tip. Your arrow and broadhead need to spin without wobbling. The blades of the broadhead do not need to line up with the fletching &ndash; spinning without wobble is more important.
    </p>

RE: Crossbow Troubleshooting

Barb, Very good info , Thanks Ron

imported_Barb

Re: Crossbow Troubleshooting

Thanks Ron!

Great details Senior learned allot

OK. I am new to crossbows. I am reading the manual of my titan hl9. I cocked it with safety in white safe position apparently. Which made kit not fire at a buck 12 yards away. But that's hunting. But now I can't decock it. Safety on safety off. Show dumb am I? How do. I do it? Thanks in advance

Place Safety in 'Fire' (Red) position, then re-cock by puling the string all the way back until the Safety is in the 'Safe' (White) position. Now nock a shaft and fire.

Donald1800

jdub4280

i just purchased a new titan extreme and was wondering if the limb assembly should have a little play in it? The main assembly bolt is tight as is the set screws so was just wondering if that was normal? Thanks

jdub4280 - 3/6/2012 9:32 PM

i just purchased a new titan extreme and was wondering if the limb assembly should have a little play in it? The main assembly bolt is tight as is the set screws so was just wondering if that was normal? Thanks
    Mine did the same thing so I went to a dealer and checked out 4 new ones and they all have a little limb play in them. As long as the main assembly that mounts to the barrel is tight your good to go.
    Don

Thanks Ron