imported_Barb

ACUdraw Troubleshooting

Here are some things you can check and/or try if you are having ACUdraw issues:

Not all issues associated with your ACUdraw will require service. This Troubleshooting section can help fix common problems with your ACUdraw. If, after reviewing this section, your problem still exists, contact the TenPoint Customer Service Department at 330.628.9245 or email your Return Authorization repair request at www.tenpointcrossbows.com.

My ACUdraw claw/cord retracts slowly or not at all.

+With a Phillips-head screwdriver, loosen each of the four (4) cover screws (two on the left side and two on the right side of the ACUdraw unit - the covers may be too tight, putting pressure on the string hubs inside. Attempt to pull out and retract the claw and cord. If this does not resolve your issue, move on to the next possible solution.

*Completely remove the four ACUdraw cover screws and both covers for the next steps.

+Make sure the ACUdraw cord contains the same amount of wraps on each hub. If one hub has more wraps on it than the other side, un-wrap the excess wraps. Note: This usually happens when the claw is not brought back in a straight line over the rail and scope, but at a severe angle from the left or right side of the bow.

+Attempt to pull out and retract the claw and cord. If the cord pulls out, but does not retract, you may have a weak or broken power spring (see section entitled ACUdraw Power Spring Installation if the spring needs replaced or tension added).

+ If the claw and cord are hard to pull out, the ACUdraw unit may not be seated properly in the stock causing the unit to bind up. Looking at the right side of the unit (side with the safety pawl on it), locate the three 1/8 Allen setscrews (one above the pawl gear, one below the safety pawl and the last one above, and slightly forward of the front (bottom) side plate screw). Only two (2) full threads should be visible on each of the three setscrews – adjust if necessary. Once adjustments are made to the setscrews on the right side, adjust the corresponding setscrews on the left side of the ACUdraw unit. Each setscrew on the left side should be tightened firmly enough to keep the unit from shifting in the stock - do not over-tighten. Minor adjustments, one setscrew at a time, may be required to adjust the unit.

+When the setscrew adjustment doesn’t totally correct the problem, check each of the side plate screws (four on each side of the unit) making sure they are not too tight.

+If the claw and cord are completely bound up, check to make sure the string guides (one on each side, at the top of the unit - in front of the side plate screw) are not rubbing on the inside of the hub or buried in the string itself. If they are, loosen their top side plate screws and manually adjust them until they sit just above the hub. Make certain there is only a very thin clearance between the hub and the string guides. Re-tighten the top side plate screws.

*Contact the Customer Service Department at 330.628.9245 or email your Return Authorization repair request at www.tenpointcrossbows.com if your issue is unresolved after attempting the steps listed above.

My ACUdraw cord is fuzzy, fraying or cut.

+Apply a thin coat of wax to the entire length of ACUdraw cord and burnish it in (rub the cord briskly between your fingers, creating heat and melting the wax) if the cord is getting fuzzy.

+Do not attempt to use your ACUdraw if the draw cord is fraying or cut. See the section titled ACUdraw Cord Installation, contact the Customer Service Department at 330.628.9245 or email your Return Authorization repair request at www.tenpointcrossbows.com if the cord needs replaced.

My ACUdraw unit is making a loud, squealing noise when I manually draw or retract the claw and cord.

With a Phillips-head screwdriver, completely remove the two ACUdraw cover screws and cover on the right side of the unit (side with the safety pawl on it). Apply a light-weight oil to the pawl gear and the axle.

My ACUdraw will not “click” when I am cranking it.

With a Phillips-head screwdriver, completely remove the two ACUdraw cover screws and cover on the right side of the unit (side with the safety pawl on it).

The safety pawl (engage lever) should contain a spring or O-ring (9/16" inside diameter) that is also attached to a roll-pin located diagonally, down and to the right of the safety pawl. Locate the 3/32 Allen screw holding the pawl lever in place and tighten. Note: If the safety pawl screw is tightened too much, the lever will not stay in the disengage (down) position when you are trying to manually draw or retract the claw & cord.

My safety pawl (engage lever) will not stay in the “up” position.

With a Phillips-head screwdriver, completely remove the two ACUdraw cover screws and cover on the right side of the unit (side with the safety pawl on it).

+The safety pawl spring or O-ring (9/16" inside diameter) may have slipped off the roll-pin – reattach the tail of the spring or the O-ring.

+The safety pawl spring or O-ring may be stretched. For a replacement contact the Customer Service Department at 330.628.9245 or email your part request (Return Authorization) at www.tenpointcrossbows.com.</p>

Every time I try to crank my ACUdraw, the claw will only draw the bowstring back a couple of inches, then the claw will drop back down.

The ACUdraw sear pin inside the unit is broken. This problem happens most often when people have been trying to uncock their crossbow with the ACUdraw unit. Contact the TenPoint Customer Service Department at 330.628.9245 or email your Return Authorization repair request at www.tenpointcrossbows.com.
    </p>

RE: ACUdraw Troubleshooting

THANK YOU!!!

Suddenly my Acu-Draw string was too short to reach my bow string. I removed the covers and could not figure out why more string was on one spool than the other (over thinking the problem). Your advice to simply unwind the line off of the fuller spool saved my hunt.

Guy