Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    imported_Barb

RE: Tips on Care and Upkeep

L.P.,

The string & cables, agewise should be fine for at least another year or two unless you are loosing speed.

The cable serving fray/separation should be watched. If you can tie off the strand that would be best but if it keeps going, I'd suggest changing the cables.

Re: Tips on Care and Upkeep

Barb or Randy: I shoot a Phantom; have had it for a couple months and have probably shot 300-400 bolts through it. It performs marveously! I have sorta a dumb question, however: the small black adhesive-backed piece of felt attached to the accru-draw underside has fell off; so there's no cushion between the accru-draw and the rail. Is this something to be concerned about? Will it's absence cause undue wear on the rail over time? And if it's necessary to replace it can I purchase replacements or will I have to find adhesive-backed felt and cut out the little things with a scissors? I'm very diligent about lubricating the shooting rail, by the way. Thanks for your help.

Same thing happened to mine after 6 shots, a thin piece of black leather glued on has done the trick.

Tenpoint folks, are you going to run the 'tune-up special' again this year (2010)?
    I think it's time to send mine in for some tuning up.

imported_Barb

Yes we will - it will be effective April 1 - July 31, 2010.

Cool!!! Thanks Barb.

imported_casencolb

Blackbelt,

As Barb stated Yes we will be running the tune-up special again this year. We will be posting the details very shortly.
    Keep an eye out for it!
    thanks

Hey guys, I want to thank you for the excellent "early bird tune up special" service that I got from you guys last week. I sent my crossbow off to you on a wednesday, and the next wednesday it was back in my hands with new strings and cables. Awesome service with quick turnaround.
    Excellent!!!
    Thank you

BlackBelt - 4/29/2010 7:57 AM

Hey guys, I want to thank you for the excellent "early bird tune up special" service that I got from you guys last week. I sent my crossbow off to you on a wednesday, and the next wednesday it was back in my hands with new strings and cables. Awesome service with quick turnaround.
    Excellent!!!
    Thank you
    Exactly the reason many of us went with a TenPoint. They may be a little pricey but they are quality made and the service is 2nd to none.
    Every day is a blessing - make the most of it!

RE: Tips on Care and Upkeep (Cam Timing Instructions)

Randy:
    There is a need for clear instructions with photos where needed on how to change strings/cables and set up the cam timing on compound models, with correct, up to date charts for string/cable twists and string/cable sku numbers by model. Those of us that have a suitable crossbow press will then have a real source for correct/confirmed data rather than the questionable memory recollections over the phone that end up being only partially correct.

Please have this added to the helpful list of "Care and Upkeep" instructions already posted.

Donald1800