Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Tips on Care and Upkeep

Randy my Elite Qx-4 I bought in 2004 was only putting out 257 fps so I had new cables and string put on it axles lubricated and rail still only puts out 280 fps originally was putting out 310 fps according to your paper work. Work was done by one of your dealers what could be wrong?

how bout some tips on the wicked ridge invader?

imported_Barb

Same tips go for the Wicked Ridge line and the TenPoint line.

RE: Tips on Care and Upkeep

refresh!!!! totally agreed

Randy:
    There is a need for clear instructions with photos where needed on how to change strings/cables and set up the cam timing on compound models, with correct, up to date charts for string/cable twists and string/cable sku numbers by model. Those of us that have a suitable crossbow press will then have a real source for correct/confirmed data rather than the questionable memory recollections over the phone that end up being only partially correct.

Please have this added to the helpful list of "Care and Upkeep" instructions already posted.

What would the price be to replace the cables and string on a titan HLX , i purchaced the xbow used and it is about 4 years old i think, if i post the serial no. is there a way to tell me more, ??

RE: Tips on Care and Upkeep (Cam Timing Instructions)

Donald1800 - 5/16/2010 2:55 PM

"...Randy:
    There is a need for clear instructions with photos where needed on how to change strings/cables and set up the cam timing on compound models, with correct, up to date charts for string/cable twists and string/cable sku numbers by model. Those of us that have a suitable crossbow press will then have a real source for correct/confirmed data rather than the questionable memory recollections over the phone that end up being only partially correct.

Please have this added to the helpful list of "Care and Upkeep" instructions already posted.

Donald1800..."

Why hasn't any Tenpoint rep. responded to this request? Those of us that need this information seem to be shunned like we have leprosy!

Prior to this original post, I made a long distance phone call to Tenpoint, and the person that I was referred to gave me what appears to be old-out-of-spec. twist numbers for the string and cables based upon previously published site info. for the year I purchased the Phantom Xtra. THIS is why I posted this request for this detailed, specific maintenance information we need. WHY SELL REPLACEMENT STRINGS AND CABLES THEN REFUSE TO PUBISH HOW TO CORRECTLY INSTALLL THEM? COME ON GUYS - GET THIS DONE!

Donald1800

RE: Tips on Care and Upkeep

Randy,
    I have a Stealth XLT that I purchased 1 month ago.a I need to replace the rail server due to wear. I would like to know what server thread I should use? I don't see any listing on your website offering this and would like to know what you suggest for replacement since it appears that this will have to been done on a regular bases. I have less than 200 shots on it and the right rail side is worn to the point it should be replaced with no wear on the left rail side. Is the wear pattern normal? I am concerned that there is something wrong with the bow because I think that both sides should show wear. I have been lubing around every 50 shots because of this wear.

Hello, whats the cost to replace my ten point stealth strings and cables with this tune up. Top string is pretty bad looking, and cable serving is un wrapping at one cam area? I bought the bow used from weaversarchery.com and dont know if its a trigger problem where the top string is held or just shot a lot? Also the bows 3x pro view scope looks like it has trash inside the scopes tubing? Is this OK, or is something wring with it. Bow shoots very good. finish is also coming off on the stock areas a lot. I had to mount the scope on the last area on the scope mounting dove tail to see through it. Would that make it have to much vibration and damage the scope?

Thanks a lot Randy.

wikidienmay
    Thank you very much. Here are all helpful words for me and everyone. Wish you always happy<3